I work on intelligent biodesign automation through reverse engineering biology. Today engineered biology is fermenting the next bio-industrial revolution through synthetic biology, machine learning, and biomanufacturing automation. Our team's mission is to foster sustainable industrial biotechnology of bio-based compounds (biomaterials, pharmaceuticals, next-generation chemicals) through the principles of control engineering and machine learning. I envision building artificial intelligence assistants for bionics systems; from biosensors to bio-inspired robotics.
- 2015-present Bio-Design Engineering Senior Scientist, SYNBIOCHEM, Manchester Institute of Biotechnology, The University of Manchester, UK.
- 2014-15 Marie Curie Fellow in Systems Biology, GRIB – IMIM, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2009-15 Associate Researcher in Metabolic Pathway Design, iSSB, University of Evry Paris-Saclay /Genopole, France.
- 2006-08 Frontier Sciences Researcher in Computational Biology, Fujirebio Diagnostics Inc., Tokyo, Japan.
- 1999-05 Associate Professor in Industrial Control Engineering, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain.
- 2010 Habilitation in Systems Biology, UniverSud Paris, Paris-Saclay.
- 1999 Ph.D. in Control Engineering, Polytechnic University of Valencia.
- 2018 JBEI, LNBL, Berkeley, USA.
- 2006 DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany.
- 2005 GeneBio–Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2000-02 New York University-Polytechnic, New York City, USA.
Distinctions and merits:
- Erdös number: 3.
- Outstanding Graduate Industrial Engineering Student Award (Spain).